Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Not Grade Specific - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Monday, August 17, 2015

What Are We Even Saying??
Ever since I was young I remember thinking things like, “How did a couch end up being called a ‘couch’ and everyone just went with it?”  Well, some call it a sofa, but I digress.  My point is we all use these little sayings and expressions, but nobody ever seems to know why we say them or where they actually came from.  We just…say them. But what are we even saying?

I’ve recently started putting together a product including the way I’ve started class for well over the past 10 years.  I call it “The Phrase of the Day” and my students have always enjoyed these because they’re fun and also because I give them a mint if they correctly guess the phrase. 

I currently have 20 of the phrases that I use uploaded to my store in the product below.  I plan on adding 20 more at a time until I get to 180 (for 180 days of school).  They will all be bundled together at the end so keep an eye out for them! 



You are getting 140 slides in a PowerPoint and here’s one example from the 20 phrases included in this product:









I think you and your students will love starting class this way!  

See you next Monday!
Surviving Social Studies





  

No comments:

Post a Comment